Banana Stem Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipes Indian | Chef Vicky Ratnani
AskMe Guru, Chef Vicky Ratnani gives out a recipe for a Banana Stem Salad (Healthy Recipe)
Recipes by Chef Vicky Ratnani Recipes:
To know more about Travel, Food and Lifestyle from the experts themselves, Subscribe to:
Generally, we eat only the Banana fruit and we avoid its stem, which provides many health benefits. The banana stem is a rich source of fibre and helps to detoxify our body.
Whipping up deliciously healthy recipes is second nature to celebrated Mumbai-based Chef Vicky Ratnani. The most recent feather on Vicky’s hat is winning The Gourmand World Cookbook Awards (think Oscars of the cookbook world) for his book, Vicky Goes Veg by Vicky Ratnani.
Here, Chef Vicky Ratnani teaches us the recipe for “Banana Stem Salad”. Banana stem can also be used to cook curry and soup. Ingredients used in this recipe are:
Red bell pepper
1. In a pan, add water with lemon juice. Add chopped banana stem,
sliced spring onions, pomegranate seeds, red bell pepper and basil
2. In the meantime, add olive oil, green chillies, orange juice,
coriander and parsley into a blender.
3. Blend the mixture properly.
4. Now, drain the water from the pan and the blended mixture to it.
5. Add mixed lettuce, rocket leaves and iceberg lettuce. Mix well.
6. Now, put the ingredients into a serving dish and garnish with
orange segments and sprouts.
7. The salad is ready to serve.
PREPARATION TIME: 15-20 Minutes