Healthy Moong Dal and Spinach Idli – Instant Breakfast Recipe | Easy to Make | Glamrs Food
Filled with the freshness of Spinach and the goodness of Moongdal, this healthy recipe makes the perfect evening snack or breakfast meal!
Subscribe so you NEVER miss a video:
Serves | 10-15 Idlis | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
– Split Yellow Gram / पीला मूंग दाल – 1/2 cup (soaked for 3 hours and drained)
– Spinach / पालक – 3/4 cup
– Green Chillies / हरी मिर्ची – 4-5
– Fresh Low-Fat Curds / दही – 1 tbsp
– Fruit Salt – 1/2 tsp
– Water / पानी
– Oil / तेल
– Salt / नमक
– Wash your dal thoroughly and then soak for 3 hours. Then drain the water and keep aside.
– Next, boil your spinach for 30 seconds or until the water turns green. Then drain the water and immediately add your boiled spinach to a bowl of iced water. Leave it in there for a few minutes until it is no longer warm. This helps to prevent the spinach from cooking any further and is ideal if you want to store it in the fridge for a few days.
– Then squeeze out all the excess moisture and add the leaves to your blender. Next add your soaked dal and green chillies and then blend to a fine paste. Do not add any water, the moisture from the spinach and soaked dal should be enough.
– Next, add your low fat curds and some salt to taste. You may add any other ingredients you like at this stage. Mix it well until your mixture is uniform.
– When you’re ready to steam, add your eno/fruit salt to your batter and immediately pour 2 tsp of water over it. It should start forming bubbles.
– Once your bubbles are formed, start mixing gently.
– Finally, grease your idli moulds with oil with a brush and pour your batter into them using a spoon and let them cook in the steamer for about 10-12 minutes.
– When cooked, let your idlid cool slightly before demoulding to prevent any breakage.
– Serve with coconut chutney/ sambhar.
Write in with your own suggestions, for Indian Cuisine in the comments down below. And if you have delicious indian recipes you would like to see us cook please do share it with us. Let’s make 2017 proper tasty 🙂
Like us on Facebook:
Tweet us your favourite videos on:
Connect with us on Instagram:
Connect with us on Pinterest: